Westcott CoursesPublisher of Omega MathTM Courses
CSU Early Start Elementary Algebra
- Designed by Omega Math - 20 years experience administering online math classes to thousands of students.
- This course can be adopted by any CSU for future use in their Early Start Programs.
- This course can be customized to suit the needs of any CSU.
- We take care of everything: teach the class, answer phone calls and emails from parents and students, answer math questions, send out emails every three days to all the students with a progress report on if they are on track or behind, create customized reports for Early Start staff, have grades ready the day after the class ends.
- Course has built-in mechanisms for spotting cheating: during quizzes, tests or the final exam.
- Can accommodate a high volume of student use without slowdown of class.
- Each campus has an admin portal to view their students' progress, usage and grades 24/7.
How this course is used
- Once passed, this course can be used to demonstrate readiness for Intermediate Algebra.
- CSU's and community colleges accept this course as a prerequisite for their Intermediate Algebra.
- Helpful as a review course, prior to taking Intermediate Algebra.
Staff is knowledgeable and friendly, available to answer students' questions by phone and email in a timely manner. Teacher is available to students via email. Students' progress in the class is monitored every three days, and an email is sent to each student with their progress report.
This course meets the prerequisite for Intermediate Algebra.
This course is designed for students without any algebraic background. The course covers all the essential topics needed to be successful in Intermediate Algebra. Topics include real numbers, algebraic expressions, linear equations, inequalities, exponents, order of operation, polynomial expressions, factoring, quadratic equations, graphing linear equations, radical expressions and equations, linear systems and mathematical modeling. Prerequisite: Students should know basic operations with real numbers, fractions, decimals and area and perimeter formulas for common geometric figures.
- 10 chapters with 3 - 7 lessons per chapter.
- Students are encouraged to do the homework immediately following each lesson.
- Each lesson ends with a short quiz.
- At the end of each chapter is a chapter test. Quiz and chapter tests are instantly graded online.
- Students can take each test and quiz twice, and only the higher of the two scores counts towards their grade. This feature enables students to figure out what they did wrong before pushing forward, providing them with a deeper understanding of the course material.
- At the end of chapter 10 is the final exam. Students arrange for a proctored final exam, which can be taken at any college testing center or Sylvan Learning Center.Finals are also digitally monitored by Westcott, while student is at the testing center.
Access to campuses, monitoring their students
Each campus has an admin account to view their student's progress, usage and grades 24/7. Customized reports are available upon request.
After class is over, campus can view final exam grade, and course grade. If the student does not pass, the reason(s) for not passing is given.
Time to complete the course
Most students take 4-8 weeks to complete the course.
Transcript or Certificate
An official transcript, with academic semester credits, can be issued from Brandman University. Note: If taking the course through USU or Woodbury, the cost of the course is higher. A certificate of completion can be made available from Omega Math to certify grade and completion of course. This is a less expensive option.