Transferring Credit Instructions
Transferring the Credits to your College
Westcott Courses/Omega Math is the teacher of the courses, and our exclusive partner university is Brandman University. Brandman University is regionally accredited by WASC, and awards the semester credits and transcript for the individual classes. Once you are finished with the course, we will post your grade with Brandman and give you the instructions on how to order the transcript from Brandman's records office. Since Westcott Courses is the teacher, we do not appear on the transcript. The official transcript from Brandman University will show our course the same way it would show a traditional class taken on their campus. Taking a course through this program does not require being enrolled in the university as a regular student; anyone can receive the credits for these classes. Student have the opportunity to earn university credits through Brandman University, part of the Chapman University System!
Your school will check three important criteria when determining if they will accept a class from an outside college:
- Is the college/university regionally accredited?
- Brandman University is regionally accredited by WASC senior. View a full list of Brandman Universities accreditation.
- Are academic semester credits awarded?
- Brandman University grants semester credits for our courses. Note: Courses used for graduation must be semester credits.
- Does the course description meet your college's requirements?
- This criteria is met by our high standards of curriculum. We have written our courses to meet or exceed all other U.S. college curriculum standards. This ensures our courses will most likely be approved by all other colleges, which enables the student to transfer the credits back to their home university.
Pre-approval from your College
We provide prerequisite courses for many colleges & programs across the nation. Thus, your college may be one of these colleges, and if this is the case you won't need pre-approval. Check the Associated College list for your college, and determine if there is an existing articulation agreement. If not, go to the course page for your desired course and scroll to the bottom of the page. A link will be provided to the course on the accrediting universities site, and directions for you to request pre-approval. This link has everything your counselor or registrar's offices needs for pre-approval. Make sure you ask for approval for the course through the universities name and not ours. Since we are just the teachers, we are not important to your college. Your registrar wants to know where the credits are coming from, and that is one of our three partner universities.
Verify our Partner University is Regionally Accredited via Department of Education(.gov):
After clicking the Department of Education link, enter the following:Brandman University: Enter the street address of 16355 Laguna Canyon Road
Click on Brandman University.
Verify our Association with our Partner University:
To verify Westcott's association with Brandman University, visit this page. View the course descriptions for the available courses!
Since you are not a regular student at Brandman University, you must register through this site.